Analogue, the company behind high-end retro gaming systems like the Super Nt, Mega Sg, and Pocket, is turning its attention to NEC’s TurboGrafx-16. A new system, the Analogue Duo, will play TurboGrafx-16, TurboGrafx CD, PC Engine, SuperGrafx, PC Engine CD-ROM, and Super Arcade CD-ROM games, all in one FPGA-powered console when it’s released next year.
Analogue’s consoles use a field-programmable gate array (FPGA) chip, which can, in simple terms, simulate the original hardware accurately and without software-based emulation.
The Analogue Duo, the company said in an announcement, is “the ultimate all-in-one NEC video game system.” The system features a slot that supports the credit card-sized cartridges known as HuCards in Japan and Turbochips in North America. It also supports CD-ROM-based games, as well as original controller hardware and accessories. The system also supports wireless controllers via Bluetooth and 2.4g, including 8BitDo’s TG16 wireless gamepad.
Analogue will release the Duo in two colors, “JP” (white) and “USA” (black). The system will cost $199.99 and will ship in limited quantities in 2021. Pre-order details have not been announced.
The company will also release a HuCard adapter for the handheld Analogue Pocket in 2021, with support for TurboGrafx-16, PC Engine, and SuperGrafx.
The HuCard adapter for Pocket, the high-end Game Boy which is currently sold out through pre-orders, will cost $29.99.
Here are the full specs for Analogue Duo, followed by a gallery of images of the system:
- HuCard & Turbochip, CD-ROM2, Super CD-ROM2, Arcade CD-ROM2
- Worldwide Compatibility (PSU: 50-60 Hz, 100-240 volts)
- HDMI 1080p/720p/480p
- NTSC & PAL Support
- Lag free, zero signal degradation
- 48 kHz 16-bit
- Digital audio via HDMI
- Headphone jack, 3.5 mm with volume wheel
- Original-style HuCard/Turbochip cartridge slot
- Original-style TurboGrafx-16 controller port
- CD-ROM drive
- 2x USB for wired controllers and accessories
- SD card firmware updating [via Duo’s SD card slot]
- Bluetooth, 2.4g & wired USB support
- Scanline options
- Scaler options
- Horizontal position adjust
- Horizontal stretch
- Vertical position stretch & more
8BitDo TG16 Gamepad w/ 2.4g wireless receiver
- 20-hour battery life
- Auto sleep mode after 15 minutes
- Lag free
- Includes 2.4g wireless receiver (not required for use with Duo)
- 138 mm (5.4 inches) length
- 168 mm (6.6 inches) wide
- 47 mm (1.85 inches) high
Source: Read Full Article