PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has just ended its fourth season, and that means major changes are on the way. On Wednesday morning, developer PUBG Corp. announced that season 5 will take aim at improving Miramar and will add in a few mechanics to the game as a whole.
Miramar has rarely been the PUBG community’s favorite map. With its desert theme and massive wide open spaces, things can get a little dull. To help make the map a little more exciting, PUBG Corp is increasing the spawn rate of long range weapons like Assault Rifles, DMRs, the new-and-improved Win94, and all scopes. This should help make the map a little more interesting, since it allows fights to happen at longer distances, and hopefully a little more often.
The other major addition coming to season 5 is the ability to throw things, which will work in different ways depending on the context. Offensive-minded players will soon be able to throw melee weapons, which should finally give them a fighting chance when their opponent has a gun and all they have is a machete.
PUBG Corp. is also adding the ability to throw items to teammates. So when a teammate is in need of something like bandages or an energy drink, you can toss it to them without leaving cover, although the object flying through the air may still give your position away.
PUBG season 5 should go live on PC on Oct. 23 and on consoles Oct. 29. For a full look at all the changes PUBG Corp. announced, you can read the notes below.
PUBG season 5 changes
A LA Muerte Vamos Track
- A race track has been added, which was the venue for A La Muerte Vamos in Miramar.
- You can now find newly added objects like ramps, loops, jumps and signboards across Miramar
New Gold Mirado
- A Gold Mirado has been added to Miramar, which can only be found parked at the garage in Hacienda del Patron.
- Some terrain in Hacienda del Patron has been adjusted to let you ride the Gold Mirado out safely.
- Only one Gold Mirado spawns each match.
- Removed some small objects and trash in and around buildings to reduce clutter and make movement easier when looting.
Improved Miramar item spawn balance
- The spawn rates of weapons and scopes effective at long-range have been increased to better suit the long-range engagements commonly had across Miramar.
AR – 12% increase
DMR – 29% increase
Win94 – 30% increase
Scopes – 18% increase
- Pistol spawn rate reduced by 31%.
- The spawn rates of helmets, bags and vests has been increased slightly.
Vending machines have been placed in Miramar and Camp Jackal to provide a new looting experience other than picking up items spawned on the floor.
- You can get Painkillers and Energy Drinks from Vending Machines.
- Vending machines are only available in Miramar and Camp Jackal.
- In Miramar, vending machines spawn randomly at set locations.
Locations: Arenas, Casino, gas stations, Motels and commercial buildings.
In Camp Jackal, Vending Machines always spawn at the warehouse and gas station.
- If you’re lucky, Vending Machines can dispense many Energy Drinks at once.
- Be careful when you use the vending machine as cover. The vending machine is protected by cutting-edge anti-theft technology, and any attempt to damage the machine may expose your location to the enemy!
- Win94 will now come automatically equipped with an irremovable 2.7x scope. Other specs have not changed.
- Win94 is now a Miramar exclusive weapon.
- Added feature allowing players to throw certain requested items to teammates.
- When a teammate requests healing or ammo items through radio messages (mouse wheel) an icon will appear above their head, prompting teammates to throw the requested items to them by pressing the interact button (F)
- Items can be thrown a maximum of 15m.
While running, or in a difficult to reach position, teammates may be unable to throw items to your location and the items will instead fall nearby.
- Items thrown to you by teammates will be placed directly into your inventory.
If your inventory is full, the items will be dropped on the ground at your feet.
Throw Melee Weapons
- You can now use all melee weapons as a throwable tool to attack your enemies.
- Multiple melee weapons now stack in your inventory, allowing you to carry multiple at once.
- There are two different melee damage categories when thrown.
Machete, Crowbar, Sickle: The maximum throwing distance is 40m and damage will decrease from 75 to 25 based on the distance.
Pan: The maximum throwing distance is shorter than other melee at only 30m but the damage range is 90 to 40 based on distance.
- To inflict the most damage, you must hit within 15m. Damage will begin to drop off from 15-30/40m distance.
- From within 15m distance, one melee throw to the head can kill enemy players without helmets.
- Press RMB while holding a melee weapon and then press LMB to throw.
A trajectory arc will be shown when aiming, like with grenades.
- Red Zones are no-longer spawned after Phase 3.
- Vehicle spawn rates have been increased slightly on regular and mountain roads.
Source: Read Full Article