Today marks the debut of Steam’s chat app on mobile devices. The free app for iOS and Android allows you to take your conversations on the go for a modernized chat experience.
The app includes many features from the desktop client. Valve lists the following:
- Friends List – See who’s in game or online at a glance. Never miss an opportunity to play.
- Rich Chat – Your chats get even better with higher fidelity links, videos, tweets, GIFs, Giphy, Steam emoticons, and more.
- Invite Links – Add new friends on Steam with a link. Generate an invite link you can text or email.
- Customizable Notifications – Mobile notifications mean you’ll never miss a message or game invite. You can customize your notifications per friend, group chat, and chat channel.
- Group Chats – Get everyone on the same page. Groups make it easier to do things like stay in touch with your communities and organize game night with your best friends.
You can check it out for yourself by heading over to the App Store or Google Play.
Valve is also currently working on the inclusion of voice chat for the app. It also confirmed that the original Steam mobile app will receive significant upgrades, primarily centered on account security, from one-touch login to QR codes.
Source: Read Full Article