Destiny 2 is getting cross save functionality on August 21, ahead of the approaching Shadowkeep expansion and free-to-play New Light version, both of which will be available on October 1. Cross save is a system that will let you import your Guardians, your stats and your progress between the PC, PS4, Xbox One and Google Stadia versions of Destiny 2, so you can keep going even if you decide to switch platforms. Bungie has posted a helpful guide to cross save, explaining everything you could need to know. We’ve also summed it up below for your convenience.
Which platforms does cross save support?
All of them, including the upcoming Stadia version.
Does this mean that you can play with friends on other platforms?
Unfortunately, if you’re playing on PlayStation 4, you still can’t play with your friends on Xbox One — however, it means that if you jump over to the Xbox One version, you won’t need to start a new character.
Can Cross Save be used to merge Guardians or Collections built up between different platforms?
No. If you’ve already played through the game and maxed out two characters on two systems, there’s no way to bring those characters together onto the same account, unfortunately. It’s a matter of picking a primary account and porting your save over to other systems. The same goes for Silver, so be aware of that.
Click To Unmute Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – Official Season Of The Undying Trailer
- Marvel's Avengers – 18 Minutes Of Gameplay | A-Day Prologue
- Astral Chain: S+ Rank On Ultimate Difficulty Gameplay
- Red Dead Redemption 2 DLC Possibly Revealed – GS News Update
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — August 18-24, 2019
- Gears 5, New Xbox One Controllers, And More From The Inside Xbox Gamescom Stream – GS News Update
- Apex Legends Devs Respond To Reddit Controversy – GS News Update
- 20 Minutes of Oninaki Switch Gameplay
- Mortal Kombat 11 – Kombat Pack Official Roster Reveal Trailer
- Shenmue 3 – A Day In Shenmue Trailer
- Metro Exodus – The Two Colonels | First 30 Minutes
- Preacher Season 4 Episode 4 "Search and Rescue" Best Easter Eggs
- The Matrix 4 Is Happening With Keanu Reeves And Carrie-Anne Moss – GS Universe News Update
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Do previous purchases transfer between systems?
No, unfortunately. Make sure that you purchase Shadowkeep, and any Silver, on your primary system.
Can I disable Cross Save?
If you want to do so – because, perhaps, you decide you prefer to split your save files between systems – you can. Once you do so, though, there’s a 90 day wait to re-enable cross save. This is done to discourage account recoveries by other players.
How much does it cost?
It’s completely free! When the New Light free-to-play version of Destiny 2 drops, you’ll be able to comfortably transfer your Guardian and everything you own between systems without spending a cent.
What impact will this have on my clans?
Your active account can only be included in one Destiny clan, which will become your clan across all platforms you’re playing from that account on. Your Active Account takes up one player slot in your Clan Roster, though, regardless of how many systems the account is active on. You’ll also only have access to Clan teammates who are on the same platform as you at any given point. Clan objective progress carries over between systems, though.
Source: Read Full Article