A lot is going on during the first few hours of Death Stranding. Your first mission out in the world may seem bizarre, and the subsequent starting deliveries that throw you into the heart of BT territory might feel overwhelming. As such, you may feel an impulse to take your time with the opening two chapters, opting to do as many deliveries as possible in the Eastern region to best acquaint yourself with mechanics and the flow of missions.
While we don’t blame you for wanting to wrap your head around Death Stranding’s mechanics, the tools available for deliveries during this section of the game are incredibly limited. It may feel like this is where the game opens up–the delivery loop in Episode 2 is more than enough to keep you busy–but you shouldn’t ignore the gadgets and ability unlocks just right around the corner.
If you’re still in Episode 2, we recommend making the trek to Port Knot City and progressing into Episode 3. Not only does the story get more interesting at this point, but it’s when the game’s world truly opens up. Think of it as traveling from White Orchard to Velen in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. There are tons more deliveries to complete in Episode 3, and as mentioned, you get some invaluable gadgets and abilities. One of the preppers in the area allows you to fabricate Power Armor, which increases your speed and total carrying weight; another gives you a Bola Gun that can tie up enemies from a distance; you even get an Anti-BT Handgun. Tools like this help ease the burden of deliveries while giving you handy tools to help you deal with the world’s most dangerous threats.
Another godsend to reaching Episode 3 is unlocking the ability to fabricate vehicles. So you know that one Reverse Trike you’ve been riding in Episode 2 that you’ve frequently had to leave behind and risk retrieving because of those pesky BTs? Well, you can fabricate as many as you want in Episode 3 at any of the major stations. You can even fabricate trucks further along, which can carry a bunch more cargo than a Reverse Trike.
Death Stranding News
- Death Stranding Review – Strand And Deliver
- Guide: Death Stranding Steelbook, Pre-Order Bonuses, Collector's Edition, And More
- Death Stranding Explained: Story, Characters, Gameplay, and More
If you’re a completionist and no amount of talk around cool unlocks can stave off the misery you feel leaving unfinished deliveries in the Eastern region, then you can breathe easy knowing that you get fast travel not far into Episode 3. So you can warp back to previous areas finish leftover jobs at any time with all the handy new tools and abilities you’ve unlocked.
For more Death Stranding features, check out our in-depth beginner’s guide and our gallery highlighting all the most significant celebrity cameos we’ve found so far.
Click To Unmute
- Death Stranding – Trailers VS Game Release Cinematics
- Death Stranding – What An Explosive Voidout Looks Like
- 9 Essential Starter Tips For Death Stranding
- First Pokemon Sword & Shield Gigantamax Raid Details – GS News Update
- Top New Games Out On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month — November 2019
- Death Stranding – When You Get Your First Vehicle and Hot Bike Tips
- Sam Porter, Expert Hiker – Death Stranding Slips
- Death Stranding – Opening Cinematic
- Death Stranding – How Timefall And Weather Works
- American Horror Story: The Best of Lily Rabe
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Max PC Settings Gameplay
- Apex Legends – Duos | GameSpot Live
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: Death Stranding PSA: Don't Spend Too Much Time In Chapter 2
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article