Activision is bringing back Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with a reboot, and a big part of capturing the spirit of the original will be refreshing its signature multiplayer. We got our first extended look at that aspect of the game today, as part of a multiplayer reveal livestream that is still ongoing.
Previously we’d only gotten a brief glimpse at the new 2-on-2 Gunfight mode, so this livestream brought more details on the wider PvP side of this year’s shooter. You can watch the stream below or read on for a recap of all the news and our hands-on impressions with Modern Warfare.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Livestream Start Time:
- 10 AM PT
- 1 PM ET
- 6 PM BST
- 3 AM AET on August 2
Activision promoted the livestream by teasing the return of killstreak rewards. That tease came with its share of controversy, however, as one of the killstreak rewards is use of the controversial chemical weapon white phosphorus. Other killstreak rewards include the juggernaut care package and an armored assault vehicle.
For more on Modern Warfare, check out how weapon customization will work, as well as the pricey Premium Edition with working night vision goggles.
- Modern Warfare Multiplayer: Rebuilding Call Of Duty From The Guns Up
Huge Player Counts
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Can Support More Than 100 Players
Radar Doesn’t Work The Same Way
- Modern Warfare: You’ll Have To Earn Your Radar In Call Of Duty’s New Multiplayer
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare — Here’s What We Know About Spec Ops Mode
- We Saw White Phosphorus In Action In Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare — Here’s What Happened
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare | Going Dark Multiplayer Gameplay
- How Modern Warfare Multiplayer Rebuilds The Franchise Formula
Source: Read Full Article