A new update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is now available. The newest title update includes a number of fixes and tweaks, beginning with additional fixes that help improve stability and minimize the likelihood of game crashes.
Additionally, developer Infinity Ward has removed all battle chatter–that is, the brief lines of dialogue that characters say during matches–from Modern Warfare’s one-life modes. This sounds like a welcome change, as the more tactical, one-life modes require strategy and stealth, and hearing the loud callouts can lead to a negative experience. Connected to this, Infinity Ward has changed the sound of footsteps–the footstep sounds will now “filter out” based on occlusion effects.
Another change in the update includes how stun grenades can now disable claymores for 3 seconds. This is another big change, as players have been reporting that claymores can trend toward the over-powered side.
You can see the full rundown of changes to the gameplay and what’s new in the multiplayer playlists below, as posted by Infinity Ward on Reddit.
Modern Warfare multiplayer design director Joe Cecot added that Infinity Ward is working on additional changes and updates to come later. In the future, Infinity Ward will release updates that further restrict the player call out logic and prevent enemies from hearing these call outs across all modes. There will also be further changes to weapon tuning and spawn locations.
Title Update/Playlist Update
- More fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms
- Battlechatter has been removed from tactical, one-life modes
- APCs and Tanks in Ground War no longer award points towards a nuke
- Fix for charms affecting weapon performance when firing from the hip
- Claymores: Stun grenades can now force claymores into a disabled state for 3 seconds
- Footsteps: Adjustments to tame the 3rd person footsteps. They will now filter out based on occlusion more.
- Fix to an issue where Tac Inserts could cause players to spawn out of bounds
- Fix for the gold camo not unlocking on the .357
- NVG (TDM only)
- Ground War
- Kill Confirmed
Click To Unmute
- Top New Games Releasing On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Month — November 2019
- Diablo IV – Character Classes Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- Apex Legends Adds Duos Mode Soon – GS News Update
- Terminator Dark Fate – Would The Cast Return For Sequels?
- Diablo IV – "By Three They Come" Cinematic Announcement Trailer
- CARRION Demo | GameSpot Live
- Carrion Gameplay – 15 Minutes Of Murderous Mayhem (Alpha Demo)
- Terminator Dark Fate's Controversial Opening Scene Explained By Director Tim Miller
- Disco Elysium Video Review
- SoulCalibur VI – Hilde DLC Character Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- New Guilty Gear – Chipp And Potemkin Reveal Trailer
- The Hidden Origins Of The Jedi – True Fiction
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
Now Playing: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Video Review In Progress
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article