We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Fans have been waiting a while to get their hands on it, but today, the new Valheim Hearth and Home update becomes playable on Steam.
The patch makes some big changes to the game, which remains in early access and beta.
As the name implies, this week’s major update focuses on new mechanics, furniture, building pieces, food, weapons, optimisations and more that can be found around the homestead.
This includes new build pieces and furniture being added to the game, ranging everywhere from sturdy shingle roofs to a mighty stone throne.
Valheim fans will also notice that they can now share map data with other Vikings in your world, find seeds to plant more types of trees, and finally destroy unwanted items with the new obliterator.
The good news is that there are also plenty of bug fixes and lesser background tweaks that fans will want to know about.
And these can all be found in the recently Valheim patch notes for Steam, which can be found listed below:
- Weapons rebalanced (All weapons have been rebalanced to be more viable as main weapon and also have more unique playstyles)
- Blocking system overhauled (Current maximum hp now greatly affects your ability to block attacks, stagger bar gui added)
- Naming tamed creatures
- Gamepad sensitivity settings
- Auto-pickup toggle button added
- Graphics settings (Active point lights & Active point light shadows)
- Tamed creatures affected by friendly fire setting (i.e you can’t hurt a tamed creature unless you enable friendly fire or use the new Butcher knife item)
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
Valheim early launch trailer released by Coffee Stain
- Food rebalance (Most food items now give mainly stamina or mainly health to make food choices more interesting)
- Food GUI overhauled to work better with the rebalanced food
- Over 10 new things to eat (Actually 12)
- Tamed Lox now have a purpose
- Slimy locations & creatures added to plains
- New plantable seeds: Birch, Oak & Onions
- New weapons: Crystal battleaxe, Silver knife
- New shields: Bone tower shield, Iron buckler
- Butcher knife (Special weapon for butchering tamed animals)
- Thunder stone (Sold by trader)
- Lox accessory
- New Darkwood building pieces like shingle roofs, beams, decorations and more
- New types of furniture, including but not limited to a mighty stone throne and a steamy viking hot tub
- Crystal walls
- New types of stacks to show off your treasure and resources
- Cauldron improvements: Spice rack, Butcher’s table, Pots and pans
- Cartography table (For sharing map-data with other players)
- Oven added (For baking bread and pie)
- Obliterator added (Items be gone)
- Iron cooking station (Required to cook some types of meat)
Source: Read Full Article