Rockstar has issued a surprise update for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC as the game has seen some instability issues as it launched on the new platform earlier this week.
To play the game on PC, you need to download and install the Rockstar Games Launcher – this has been causing issues for some players that have been booted from the client (and the game) since it came to PC.
Rockstar has acknowledged the issues, and the legions of irritated fans, and sent out an update for the Rockstar Games launcher that should hopefully mitigate a few of the issues players have been experiencing.
Update v188.8.131.52 fixes a decryption bug that prevented eager players from accessing the game via a pre-load, and solves some issues players faced with Epic Games Store, too
You can check all the fixes included in the new download below.
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Error 'Exited Unexpectedly' – Fix confirmed by Rockstar Games
Red Dead Redemption 2 Update 1.14 Patch Notes: PS4, Xbox changes ahead of PC launch
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “The Rockstar Games Launcher failed to initialize” on startup.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher preload decryption getting stuck and not completing.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “The Rockstar Games Launcher exited unexpectedly” when launching Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in crashes when starting the Rockstar Games Launcher from the Epic Games Launcher.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Rockstar Games Launcher returning the error “Unable to launch game, please verify your game data” when launching Red Dead Redemption 2 from the Epic Games Launcher.
If you're still having issue with the game crashing or not initialising properly, head on over to our Red Dead Redemption 2 PC error fix page to read more.
Source: Read Full Article