It seems every few days, we’re getting Pokemon Sword and Shield leaks right now.
Perhaps fuelled by Nintendo’s lengthy silence on the game since its announcement, perhaps fuelled by the seemingly insatiable hunger gamers have for anything and everything Pokemon-related, this uptick in rumours is making it hard to tell fact from fiction.
And the newest rumour… well, it certainly seems a bit fictional – so take anything you read from here on out with a handful of salt.
A leak from Reddit suggests that someone has revealed the release date and the entire marketing schedule for the Pokemon Switch games.
Whilst this is absolutely massive if true, we have our reservations about the rumours.
According to the tentative leak, here’s the full leaked promotional schedule:
- May 15 – Corocoro reveal of the box art
- June 27 – A panel at Salt Lake City Comic Con
- July 10 – Gen 8 Funko Pops
- July 20 – A panel at San Diego Comic Con
- August 29 – Panel at a PAX
- September 12 to 14 – Tokyo Game Show
- September 15 – More reveals from Corocoro magazine
- October 4 – New York Comic Con and a promotional tour
- October 11 – More promotional tours, one in Europe and the other in one of the Americas
- October 12 – Panel at PAX Australia and an Australian promotional tour
- November 2 – Nintendo and Game Freak event at EGX Berlin
- November 15 to 20 – Pokemon Sword and Shield‘s Release Date
The original schedule was posted in Japanese, perhaps lending a little bit of credence to the rumour, but it’s worth noting a healthy number of errors in the post.
Errors like the dates being posted in American format, the variety of spellings and ways to which Sword and Shield are referred, and some odd katakana quirks, too.
At least we don’t have too long to wait to find out whether or not this is complete nonsense: if the CoroCoro reveal of the game’s box art (and therefore the game’s legendary Pokemon) does happen on May 15, we’ll revisit this rumour with a less dubious eye.
Source: Read Full Article