Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl adds in several ways to get the National Dex Pokemon, but obtaining some of them is always going to be a bit harder than the others. Porygon has always been a Pokemon that is harder to get in games, and Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are no exception to this rule.
There is only one way to capture a Porygon in the game, and it's going to take a lot of work to unlock. Evolving Porygon to its third evolution is also quite the task, as you need to track down its evolution items and find a friend you can trust. Let's go over how to find Porygon and evolve it all the way to Porygon Z.
Where to Get Porygon in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl
Porygon can only be found in a single place in the game after you have beaten the Elite Four. To catch Porygon, you will need to head to Pokemon Mansion on Route 212; Porygon will randomly spawn in the trophy garden once you have unlocked the National Dex and are able to ask Mr.Backlot for a story each day. Click here to learn how to unlock the National Dex.
- Quick Tip: Avoid time traveling as it seems to put a 24-hour ban on the garden.
Porygon will appear when he tells you the corresponding story about the Pokemon, and you can catch multiple Porygon. For more on how the Pokemon Mansion works, check out our guide here.
How to Evolve Porygon
Porygon has two separate evolutions, both of which require you to use special hold items.
- First, you need to speak with Professor Oak in Eterna City to get the Upgrade.
- Next, grab the Dubious Disc from Route 225.
- You will first want to equip your Porygon with the Upgrade and then trade him to your friend. This will cause him to evolve into Porygon2.
- Next, get your friend to send him back and equip him with the Dubious Disc.
- Send him back to your friend to get him to evolve into Porygon Z.
Once you have completed these steps, the Porygon evolution game will be completed, and both you and your friend will have the evolutions added to your Pokedex.
Source: Read Full Article