Pathfinder 2E has received a second update to its core rules, including a number of changes to the alchemist class — and a few corrections to spells and spellcasting.
Since its release on August 1, 2019, Pathfinder 2E has gone through two major updates, the last of which includes numerous changes to alchemists, feats, spells, and spellcasting. Pathfinder 2E’s initial errata was released on October 30, 2019, and comprised of a total of six pages of updates. Since then, Paizo has also released a significantly lighter Part 2 for the errata.
The new errata includes corrections such as:
- Alchemists now have proficiency in medium armor.
- Powerful Alchemy is now an automatic class feature for Alchemists.
- Alchemists receive a limited version of Field Discovery at 1st level.
- Sudden Leap is clarified to take two actions.
In addition to the above, some traits and feats have been clarified and improved upon — such as new distinctions for cantrips and quickened casting.
The current changes to Pathfinder 2E can be found in Paizo’s Pathfinder FAQ. While physical copies of Pathfinder 2E don’t have these pieces of errata included yet, the PDF version of Pathfinder 2E is frequently updated with changes.
Pathfinder 2E has been gaining new content consistently, with a new book and two new classes to be released next year. Previous updates to Pathfinder 2E (covered in the initial errata) included flavor changes, typo corrections, and adjustments for balance:
- A special “Clan Dagger” was offered for free to dwarves; it could not be sold without garnering disdain.
- Multiple barbarian feats were changed: Wounded Rage no longer had the rage trait, Terrifying Howl targeted enemies rather than all creatures, and the Dragon Transformation class feat’s DC was altered.
- A limitation was added that removed the ability to use a spell slot for abilities that could be used to cast spells without spending spell slots — or to add spell slots.
Most tabletop RPGs experience frequent modifications and adjustments, both in terms of corrections and updates. Recently, Wizards released a Sage Advice errata that updated Eberron and Sword Coast to Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything, scheduled for release soon.
It’s not known when there will be a physical reprint of Pathfinder 2E that includes the new errata, but for now, players can find all the information they need in the FAQ.
More: Pathfinder Publisher Reveals Campaign Set in a Magic School — Start As Students, Become Teachers
- Game News
Source: Read Full Article