We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Square Enix has confirmed that today’s Outriders update will be available to download by the afternoon in the UK.
The good news is that no maintenance has been announced for the launch, meaning that gamers will be able to jump in straight away and start playing.
The other big thing to note is that this will be a free patch available to everyone who owns the game and keep the entire player base unified.
A message from developers People Can Fly explains: “This free update is the culmination of months of hard work spent improving Outriders, addressing feedback, and making it the game you asked for.”
People Can Fly also confirmed that the Outriders New Horizon update releases at 4pm GMT on Tuesday, November 16, meaning fans won’t be waiting around long to check out all the significant changes.
And there are plenty to choose from, including the tweaks made to the main end-game activities that were based around speed runs.
People Can Fly has revealed that this aspect of the special missions called Expeditions has been removed, meaning fans will be able to experiment with new builds.
“Previously, rewards for Expeditions were granted based on how quickly you could complete an Expedition. For most players, this meant forcing themselves into a specific DPS meta that stifled build diversity.
“We want players to play Outriders the way they’d prefer to, without needing to be worried that their playstyle would be punished by a timer.”
“As with the original Expeditions, completing an Expedition will grant item drops based on the Challenge Tier you complete it at. However, the previous Gold, Silver and Bronze reward levels have been scrapped. In this new system, finishing an expedition, regardless of how long it takes, will earn you that expedition’s reward. No matter how long you take.
“As different Expeditions have shorter or longer base completion times, the amount of Gear and Drop Pod Resources you can receive has been scaled according to the average global level completion times our data observed over the past few months.”
Other details from the patch notes, including news covering the new missions added to the game, can be found below:
Outriders: Square Enix release trailer for upcoming game
FOUR NEW EXPEDITIONS ADDED
- Each Expedition features an exciting mini story, connecting you with characters and events experienced in the main campaign.
- Even new Expedition players will already have access to the first of the four fresh Expeditions, with the others unlocking at CT4, CT8 and CT12.
- Molten Depths will send you back to Eagle Peaks. When a drop pod signal activated, Dunham investigated and found a hidden power station. In order to take it back online, she wants you to clear out the station from any unwanted tenants, no matter the size, shape and form.
- The City of Nomads will confront you with a character, who is haunted by the sins of his past. Very aware of his dark history, you decide to help him in protecting the old Pax village Uketu Atarah.
In The Marshal’s Complex, Corrigan, the great grand marshal himself asks you to reclaim a facility near Deadrock Pass, taken by insurgents. It won’t take you long to discover that this facility is anything but just another insurgent camp.
Last but not least: The Wellspring. Tiago told you about the Pax legend of a sacred place called Atuma ih Taru, where pilgrims would take long travels to sacrifice their treasures into deep wells. You and your team are in search of those forgotten riches, if it wasn’t for this tremendous storm that seems to get stronger and stronger.
- Expedition Timers have been removed
- Four New Expeditions Added
- Transmog System Added
- Tiago’s Store has been Reworked
- Legendary Loot Drops and Farming Information and Changes
- Changes to Legendary Sets
- Changes to Mods + Bug Fixes
- Changes to Class Trees + Bug Fixes
- Changes to Skills + Bug Fixes
- The Stadia version can now also crossplay with all other platforms.
- The video that plays when launching Outriders can now be skipped on all platforms apart from PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
- The Eye of the Storm now includes a pick-and-choose Legendary item reward.
- Added a Quick Mark functionality to Vendors.
- Improved the readability of Mod descriptions, especially when viewed on a large TV or Monitor. This change means that certain information is now viewed on the Details window rather than in the Quick View window.
- Reduced the volume of background audio of certain menu and loading screens.
- Added a minimum damage limit for the Brood Mother’s “Perforate” ability. This will ensure the ability does not have too large of a disparity in its min/max damage output.
- Changed the Heir to the Desert configuration so that it now plays like an Assault Rifle (as intended and described) rather than a Submachine Gun.
Source: Read Full Article