Hello Games have today released the latest update to No Man's Sky Beyond integrating a whole load of bug fixes and new content for the game.
Writing on a new blog post the dev team told fans:
"There’s been a lot going on since our last development update . The team has been working hard to bring you bug fixes and quality of life improvements, with a huge number of things fixed in the three updates since our last blog post."
As for those new features, Hello Games suggest they're all integral to helping the game "bring the community together and highlight the amazing work you do", but there are also brand new weekly missions too.
Chief among the additions to the game are Featured Bases , which will showcase some of the games best community bases, handpicked by the dev team.
"From now on you will be able to visit the Space Anomaly Teleporter to see a selection of the best bases we’ve come across. We hope it will showcase all you talented builders, and bring every player an ever-changing cycle of spectacular planets and architectural creativity."
As mentioned previously, there are also new Weekend Missions which are intended to bring players together on a specific planet to tell a story that is going to unfold over the coming months.
"Very shortly, the Space Anomaly’s first weekend mission will go live. Nada’s spacetime loom has detected a concerning pattern resonating across the universe, and they need help from their explorer friends to investigate. Readings indicate a disturbance in reality, where an anomalous – and possibly sinister – force has begun to leak through to this universe…"
"Travellers who wish to participate will find a new chapter available at the Nexus each week, from Friday evenings (GMT) until early Monday morning."
Of course, there's also a flurry of fixes to the game too. But you can read about all the intricate changes on the new 2.15 Patch Notes just below.
No Man's Sky Beyond 2.15 Patch Notes
- Added Featured Bases to the teleporter on the Space Anomaly.
- The list of featured bases will change periodically to highlight the best the base building community has to offer.
- The Featured Bases lists allows anyone aboard the Space Anomaly to easily visit and be inspired by other base creators.
- Bases featured in the list are protected to keep them as their architect intended.
- Added a new series of story-based mission to the Nexus.
- These missions are available each weekend and will advance over the course of the coming months.
- These missions are highlighted when viewing the Nexus mission board and reward a large amount of Quicksilver.
- Missions will involve using a portal to travel to a unique destination. This destination is shared across the entire community.
- Fixed an issue that caused galactic generation on PS4 to be out of sync with other platforms. This caused some system to vanish with the arrival of Beyond. These systems have been fully restored. As a result, however, some of the new and erroneously-created systems have been hidden on the galaxy map. These systems can still be visited via teleporter if bases have been established there.
- Fixed a number of issues related to the display of base screenshots in the Space Anomaly Teleporter list.
- Fixed an issue that caused reported bases to linger in the save-game of those who reported them.
- Allowed bases to be reported via the Build Menu, for instances where the base computer is not locatable.
- Added an autosave when handing in a mission on the Nexus.
- Added a community goal progress tracker above the Quicksilver shop in the Space Anomaly.
- Added a notification to clarify that your position is not saved while undertaking a multiplayer mission from the Nexus.
- Added the name of the current galaxy to the Galactic Map.
- Increased the stack size of Living Pearls.
- Added an icon to Kelp Sacs that appears when scanned, similar to sodium and oxygen-rich plants.
- Fixed an issue that caused long load times and poor performance around bases with complex power and wiring setups.
- Fixed an issue that caused tagged markers not to clear when their object was used.
- Fixed an issue that caused glitches in water rendering when entering the atmosphere.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck when performing a gesture while seated.
- Fixed an issue where NPC ship pilots would get out of their ship and become stuck within its landing gear.
- Fixed a number of issues that prevented switches being used when visiting other bases.
- Fixed an issue where background missions can update and disrupt a Nexus mission.
- Fixed an issue where Ares had the wrong head.
- Fixed a crash in network replication.
- Fixed a number of rendering crashes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing discoveries.
Source: Read Full Article