You might notice a different type of zombie while exploring in Minecraft. Zombie villagers are a type of hostile mob. They will rarely spawn naturally, however, depending on the game difficulty, there is a chance that regular villagers will become zombie villagers if killed by a zombie.
You can kill them but curing a zombie villager will grant you the Zombie Doctor achievement. Once cured, the villager will keep its profession and trades so if you have any of your own villagers turn into zombies, they can cure them again and they will be back to normal. Here’s how you can cure a zombie villager.
Required Materials For Curing A Zombie Villager
Before you attempt this, there are a few materials you’ll need to find. To cure a zombie villager you will need:
- A brewing stand
- A fermented spider eye
- A golden apple
- Three water bottles
- Blaze powder
Creating A Splash Potion Of Weakness
Once you’ve gathered all the necessary materials, you need to create a Splash Potion of Weakness. To create the potion, do as follows:
- Place the blaze powder, the water bottles and the fermented spider eye in the brewing stand
- Wait until it is done brewing and the water bottles have turned into Potions of Weakness
- Now place the gunpowder where you previously placed the fermented spider eye and the Potions of Weakness where you placed the water bottles
- Wait for it to brew and then you will have three Splash Potions of Weakness
Curing Zombie Villagers
As soon as you’ve made the Splash Potion of Weakness, just put the golden apple in your inventory and you will have everything you need.
If no zombie villagers have spawned near you, you can always lore a zombie to a villager since there is a chance that it will become a zombie villager when killed.
Here’s how you can cure the zombie villager:
- Throw the Splash Potion of Weakness at the zombie villager
- Feed the villager a golden apple – you can do this by approaching the zombie villager and pressing the ‘use’ button
- The grey swirls will turn red and the zombie villager will start shaking
- Wait a few moments and the zombie villager will turn into a regular villager
Tip: As a way to express gratitude, the villager will also trade at a discount price.
Some players make their own villages but this can be difficult when there are no villagers nearby. Transporting villagers is annoying, especially if their home is too far away from your base. So, waiting for a zombie villager to spawn and then curing it can sometimes be a more practical way to start the process of creating your own village.
Source: Read Full Article