- How To Start The Citadel: Presidium Prophet Assignment
- Buying The Permit
- Taking The Hanar's Side
- Taking The C-Sec Officer's Side
Mass Effect is a game with enough content to keep you entertained for days and days. The main story is only a drop in the ocean when it comes to how much you can actually do in the game. Assignments are just as important to the story, especially since they will usually shape Shepard as a person, providing Paragon or Renegade points, which will then result in a gain or loss in morality.
After unlocking the Citadel: Expose Saren mission and talking to the Citadel Council, the Presidium Prophet assignment will become available. Here's everything you need to know about the assignment.
How To Start The Citadel: Presidium Prophet Assignment
You will certainly spend lots of time exploring the Citadel, given its enormous size, and if you pass near the Wards access corridor, on the Citadel Presidium, you will spot a hanar, a jellyfish-like species, arguing with a turian C-Sec officer. This is where the assignment begins.
This particular alien, known as the Preaching Hanar, is a religious hanar that spreads knowledge about the Enkindlers and it has decided to come and preach on the Presidium. The Enkindlers are what the hanar call the Protheans. The hanar worship them because they believe they're the reason that their species became civilized, this is just a small fraction of the game's deep lore.
The issue here is that it's forbidden to preach on the Presidium and it's not legal to preach without a permit, so the C-Sec officer is trying to get the hanar to leave. The hanar counters the officer by saying that it shouldn't be considered preaching if it's simply telling the truth about an ancient species.
There are three possible options here besides abandoning and ignoring the quest altogether. You can either take no one's side, you can make the officer leave or you can make the hanar leave.
Buying The Permit
At the start of the game, it is most likely that you will not have enough points to either charm or intimidate the officer or the hangar, so you can take the neutral option: purchasing the permit yourself for 150 credits. Doing this will make the hanar leave but make it possible for it to preach elsewhere without committing a crime.
Here's how you can buy a permit for the hanar:
- Talk to the C-Sec officer and either choose the "Be more open-minded", "What's the problem", or "It's not smart enough" dialogue option
- Go back and speak to the hanar, select either "You're breaking the law" or "This isn't the way" option
- After the hanar has finished talking choose "Could I buy your permit"
- Choose "You do now"
After this, all you have to do is inform the C-Sec office that you've gotten the hanar to leave. And this completes the Presidium Prophet assignment. You will be awarded XP but you will not receive any Paragon or Renegade points and you will be out of 150 credits.
|Note: Choosing the "Another money-grabber" takes you back to the start of the conversation and you will have to offer to buy the permit again if you'd like or you can take one of the other options below.|
Taking The Hanar's Side
You can take the Preaching Hanar's side by making the C-Sec officer leave the Presidium. You can either do this by charming or intimidating the officer, choosing to charm him will result in you gaining Paragon points and intimidation will result in you gaining Renegade points. However, you need to meet the requirements to unlock the Charm and Intimidate dialogue options.
This is how you get the C-Sec officer to leave:
- Talk to the C-Sec officer and either choose the "Let the hanar talk" or "Leave the hanar alone" option
- With seven Charm points, you can choose "It's not causing problem", the C-Sec officer will leave and you will be awarded +8 Paragon points
- With four Intimidate, you can choose "This is dangerous", the C-Sec officer will leave and you will be awarded +9 Renegade points
Once the C-Sec officer has left, inform the hanar and it will give you medi-gel as a reward, you will also receive some XP.
Taking The C-Sec Officer's Side
You can take the C-Sec officer's side by making the hanar leave the Presidium. Similarly to the other option, you will need to either use charm or intimidate which will result in gaining Paragon or Renegade points.
If you want the hanar to leave, this is how to do it:
- Talk to the hanar and either choose the "You're breaking the law" or "This isn't the way" option
- With four Charm points, you can choose "This is unworthy of you", the hanar and you will be awarded +8 Paragon points
- With seven Intimidate points, you can choose "There's trouble anyway", the C-Sec officer will leave and you will be awarded +9 Renegade points
Once the hanar has left, inform the C-Sec office and he will give you omni-gel as a reward as well as some XP.
It is not considered more or less morally correct to help either the hanar or the C-Sec officer, the amount of Paragon or Renegade points you get will always depend on how you approach the situation and that alone.
Source: Read Full Article