Call of Duty Modern Warfare has (by all accounts) been a massive success for Activision.
Despite one or two controversial moments to the games main campaign, the latest release from Infinity Ward has been both a critical and commercial success.
The game launched at the tail end of October with Activision claiming it was the fastest-selling Call of Duty game this console generation – after just three days of being on sale.
Equally, the game has garnered the title of “biggest Call of Duty PC launch ever”.
So as we say, a pretty resounding success. And with so many players enjoying what the game has to offer, we've no doubt they'll be pleased by some of the latest leaks surrounding the game.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Update 1.06 Patch notes – PS4, Xbox download news
Red Dead Redemption 2 PC Release Time: What time will Red Dead Redemption 2 launch on PC?
One reasonably accurate CoD leaker, known as TheGamingRevolution (via Ladbible), has alerted fans to the possibility that Activision might be about to add a whole load of classic maps to the game.
This appears to be based upon some files in the game which have more or less confirmed that several prominant maps from Call of Duty's history will be coming to Modern Warfare.
For the time being you need to take everything with a slight pinch of salt as nothing is confirmed just yet, but it's certainly food for thought and wouldn't be the first time the files of a game have given away clues to future content.
Supposedly the following classic maps will be coming to Call of Duty Modern Warfare in the near future:
- Wet Work (6v6)
- Terminal (6v6)
- Crash (6v6)
- Vacant (6v6)
- Broadcast (6v6)
- Scrapyard (6v6)
- Rust (6v6 and Gunfight)
- + 4 Ground War Maps
- + Gunfight 3 maps
These new maps were further teased following the weekends new Call of Duty 1.06 update which dataminers have since discovered 38 unreleased maps in development for the game.
You can see some of them on the leaked images underneath.
On top of returning Maps, the Call of Duty news site CharlieIntel, claims that 23 new and unreleased game modes have been found in the PC files for the game.
"Some of these modes are brand new and have not been in Call of Duty before, while others like Infected appear to be returning," writes Charlie Intel co-founder Keshav Bhat.
Of the new modes, some do not have descriptions and include the likes of 'Showdown', 'Onslaught', 'Incursion', 'Fireteam, 'Breach' and 'Arms Race'.
However, as well as those without descriptions are plenty more which do have descriptions and provide more context as to how these game modes work.
We've listed them below for those curious enough to want to know what content is coming to the game in the future.
- Team Juggernaut (gametype_tjugg): Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Reinforce (gametype_siege): Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Rupture (gametype_rugby): Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy’s base to win.
- One in the Chamber (gametype_oic): Gain Ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
- Invasion (+ Hardcore) (gametype_blitz): Take your team’s flag into the enemy team’s base.
- Infected (gametype_infect): Eliminated Survivors become Infected. Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- High Value Target (gametype_hvt): Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high value enemy combatants to steal score back.
- Gun Game (gametype_gun): Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Grind (gametype_grind): Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
- Drop Zone (gametype_dropzone): Hold the Drop Zone to earn points and Drone Packages.
- Demolition (gametype_demo): Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Defender (gametype_tdef): Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Search and Rescue (gametype_sr): Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Capture the Flag (gametype_ctf): Get the enemy flag and return it to your base.
- Fire Mission (+ Hardcore) (gametype_btm): Eliminate enemies, capture HQ’s and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Assault (gametype_assault): Attackers attack bomb site. Defenders defend!
- All or Nothing (gametype_aon): Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.
Infinity Ward has not provided any information about these modes or suggestions as to when they could even go live, so for now, we'll just have to be patient and see what comes next.
The most recent Call of Duty Modern Warfare update (v1.06) was released at the weekend.
As part of the new update, the devs added Kill Confirmed mode to the game which fans had been requesting since launch.
In terms of actual gameplay tweaks, there's finally fixes for the some of the game many PC and Console crashes.
There are also slight tweaks to the game's footstep audio and battlechatter has also been stripped back from one-life modes.
That said Infinity Ward has also promised more changes coming soon to the game, so stay tuned for a possible update this week.
Source: Read Full Article