- Encountering Patches In Murkwater Cave
- The Scenic Isle – Liurnia Of The Lakes
- Patches’ Kick At Mt. Gelmir
- Patches And Volcano Manor
- Patches’ Time At Shaded Castle
As the newest addition (at time of writing) to the FromSoftware line-up, Elden Ring has made its home as one of the many video games where the titular character of Patches stars as a notable NPC. If you’re new to the FromSoftware series or are just looking for a refresher, Patches is a recurring character in this studio’s titles and usually plays the role of a liar or betrayer.
This time around, Patches acts as a vendor for the player character. He sells important items, provides useful information, and sabotages you throughout the course of your journey. Patches also has a unique questline, one that can begin as soon as you encounter him.
Encountering Patches In Murkwater Cave
You can find Patches hiding out in the depths of the Murkwater Cave in Limgrave. If this is your first time exploring the Limgrave fields in hopes of finding the cave, you can reach it by following the river north of Agheel Lake
- A cave entrance can be spotted on your left but be aware that you will be attacked by Bloody Finger Nejirus and will need to defeat it before proceeding.
- Upon defeating Nejirus and entering the cave, you can walk through the right-hand path and interact with a chest that sits in the center of the room. This will cause Patches to appear and attack you – commencing his optional boss fight.
- Once Patches’ health hits its halfway point, he will beg for the fight to end, and you’ll be given the choice of killing him or sparing his life. Killing him allows you to take his bell bearing and give it to the Twin Maiden Husks – this will give you access to his shop and rare items like “Margit’s Shackle”. However, killing him will also end his questline before it really starts.
- Sparing his life and selecting the “Forgive and Forget” option will continue his quest. Patches will show his gratitude by setting up his store within the cave. Additionally, once you return to the cave, you can talk to Patches about the new chest that has appeared in the area. The chest is actually a teleporter trap, and it will take you to the Mistwood Outskirts.
After completing these preliminary steps, you’ll be required to defeat Godrick the Grafted or have already entered the Liurnia of the Lakes area to continue with Patches’ questline.
The Scenic Isle – Liurnia Of The Lakes
Patches’ next appearance will be at the Scenic Isle Site of Grace. Here he will act as an informant of the Rya Questline and the Abductor Virgins at the bottom of the Academy of Raya Lucaria.
Please note that engaging in either of these activities is optional but interacting with Patches at this point is important in continuing his questline.
Patches’ Kick At Mt. Gelmir
Later on, you can find Patches at the cliffside of Mt.Gelmir. This area is just north of Mt. Gelmir Campsite Site of Grace and is identifiable by the glowing rainbow stones beside Patches. Once you speak to him, who is hiding within a bush this time, he’ll push you to investigate the stones.
Look at them and Patches will boot you off the cliff, warning you to stay away from Volcano Manor. If you trek back up the landscape and speak to Patches again, he’ll say sorry and repeat his warning message.
Patches And Volcano Manor
Upon joining Volcano Manor via the Tanith questline, you can find Patches near the corridor by the entrance of the area. He continues his role as a vendor, but you can also inquire more about him as a character.
- Once you complete a Volcano Manor assassination, you can speak to Patches to receive the Letter to Patches item. This item while contain Patches’ personal assassination request – killing Great Horned Tragoth near the Ruin-Strewn Precipice. Once you complete the deed, you can return to Patches, and he will talk about reporting the occurrence to Tanith.
- Reloading the area will allow you to speak to him again, and he will reward you with the Magma Whip Candlestick.
- After you defeat Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy, and exhaust Patches’ dialogue options, he will leave the area.
Patches’ Time At Shaded Castle
Patches’ final appearance will be at Shaded Castle. He will be located right outside the Elemer of the Briar boss room. He will give you the Dancer’s Castanets item. You can give this item to Tanith, but it is unclear how this affects your gaming experience.
It is important to note that you can strike Patches at this point and any damage will automatically kill him. He will drop his belongings and there don't seem to be any downsides to doing so. If you decide to not kill him at this point, he will simply vanish once the area is reloaded, and it is unsure if he could be found at any other point moving forward.
Source: Read Full Article