Destiny 2 down news is today headlined by the hit Bungie game being taken offline for 12 hours ahead of the Shadowkeep release.
On Tuesday October 1 Bungie are releasing Destiny 2 Shadowkeep, a huge new expansion for Destiny 2.
The fourth expansion will also bring with it Destiny 2 New Light, a free-to-play version of Destiny 2 that includes all year one content.
Ahead of the release of Destiny 2 Shadowkeep and Destiny 2 New Light Bungie has announced major server maintenance will be taking place.
At 9.45am pacific time (5.45pm UK time) Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 will be taken offline for maintenance to prepare for the update 22.214.171.124 rollout.
Guardians will be unable to log into Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 until 10am pacific (6pm UK time) on October 1.
Maintenance is expected to be completed by 12pm pacific time, which is 8pm UK time.
Announcing the news the Bungie Help Twitter posted: “Today (09/30) at 9:45 AM PDT, Destiny 1 and 2 will be brought offline to undergo maintenance for D2 Update 126.96.36.199. Players will be unable to log in until 10/01 at 10 AM PDT when Update 188.8.131.52 becomes available.”
While in a post online Bungie went into more detail about the upcoming Destiny 2 downtime.
Here’s their plan for the upcoming Destiny 2 server maintenance…
DESTINY 2 SERVER MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE
Monday September 30
• Destiny 1 and 2 will be brought offline to undergo maintenance to prepare for Update 184.108.40.206.
• Players will be unable to log in until October 1, 2019, at 10 AM PDT when Update 220.127.116.11 becomes available.
• Maintenance is expected to conclude at 12:00 PM PDT (2100 UTC) on October 1.
• Sign in and some of the Bungie.net and Destiny Companion features will be unavailable on Web, Mobile, and Third-Party Apps during maintenance.
Tuesday October 1
• Destiny 1 and 2 services are back online, and Destiny 2 Update 18.104.22.168 has begun rolling out across all platforms and regions.
• Users may experience sign-on issues as background maintenance is still ongoing.
• Bungie.net and Destiny Companion features have been re-enabled on Web, Mobile, and Third-Party Apps.
• Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance is expected to complete.
• Console players who encounter issues updating to Update 22.214.171.124 should reset their console and relaunch Destiny 2.
• Players who encounter issues should report them to the #Help forum.
– Stay tuned to Express.co.uk for more Destiny 2 news
Source: Read Full Article