Destiny 2’s Season of the Splicer has added four new Legendary Lost Sectors, most of which are located on the EDZ. Excavation Site XII is one of these new Lost Sectors, and it’s one of the shortest in the game.
Unfortunately, it is far from easy. This Lost Sector contains seven Champions, six of which fight alongside each other if you kill too many enemies during a certain encounter. Unless you have a build with tons of damage resistance and healing, you’ll need to take this Lost Sector slow. Let’s go over this Lost Sector’s modifiers, enemies, and give some tips on how you can complete it.
Modifiers And Recommended Loadout
- Master Difficulty: Extra Shields, Match Game, Locked Equipment, Extra Champions
- Champions: Barrier and Unstoppable
- Faction Modifier: Scorched Earth (enemies throw grenades significantly more often)
- Destination Modifier: +Arc and knockback damage taken
- Master Modifier: Attrition
- Burn: ++Solar damage
- Shields: Arc (Final boss)
- Hunter: Revenant is a great choice here. Run Duskfield Grenades with Whisper of Durance to stunlock Barrier Champions.
- Warlock: Attunement of Chaos can deal some serious damage to Champions with its overcharged grenades. Contraverse Hold is highly recommended.
- Titan: Code of the Siegebreaker’s Sunspots deal excellent damage here. Healing on ability kills also comes in handy during the second half of this Lost Sector.
- Breech-Loaded Grenade Launcher: Virtually any GL will work thanks to this season’s Artifact. A few good options include Ignition Code, Salvager’s Salvo, Deafening Whisper, and Witherhoard.
- Eriana’s Vow: If you can stagger Unstoppable Champions without using a Grenade Launcher, Eriana’s is great. The extra Solar damage and its Anti-Barrier properties make it shine in this Lost Sector.
- Code Duello: A great Legendary Rocket Launcher that takes full advantage of the Solar damage singe.
- Eternal Blazon: This Scout Rifle can take out targets from a distance and break the Arc shield on the final boss. It can also use Anti-Barrier Rounds.
- Concussive Dampner: Two of these mods will grant 40% damage resistance to AoE attacks.
- Protective Light: If you can gain Charged with Light stacks, this mod is great. When your shields break, you gain 50% damage resistance for a variable duration.
- Ammo Finders: Use finder mods to spawn Special and Heavy ammo for your specific loadout. If you’re using a double Special loadout (Ignition Code and Eriana’s Vow), you’ll need to run these mods.
A Detailed Guide: Cave
- One Unstoppable Incendior
Every enemy will spawn at the opposite end of the cave. A single Grenade Launcher shot can stun the Champion and heavily damage the three Legionaries. While the Champion is stunned, kill the Legionaries. Wait for the Champion’s antlers to glow red, stun it with your GL, then use your Heavy weapon to take it out.
A Detailed Guide: Bridge
- Two Barrier Colossi
- One Unstoppable Incendior
There will be a small army of Cabal waiting for you on the bridge. You can either fight the enemies from inside the cave or by taking an alternate path.
If you want a safer vantage point, jump from the left exit of the cave directly across the chasm. There will be a ledge on the cliffside preceding the Cabal dome that’s protecting the final boss. You can use this as a sniping vantage point for the bridge enemies and the boss.
Do not kill any of the non-Champion enemies! If you kill enough of the fodder enemies, it’ll cause the boss and his allies to spawn. You’ll have to fight six Champions simultaneously if you do this, so avoid killing any fodder enemies at all costs.
The Barrier Colossi tend to stick together as a pair. They’ll anchor on the bridge until you kill a few of their allies, at which point they’ll retreat to the boss. You’ll want to focus on the Unstoppable Incendior near the back of the bridge. It’ll start to chase you if it takes any damage or it sees you. Damage the Champion to draw its attention, then wait for it to reach you (preferably in the cave). Stun the Incendior with a Grenade Launcher, then use your Heavy and abilities to take it out.
For the two Barrier Champions, you’ll want to force both enemies to project their shield simultaneously. You can do this with a single rocket if they’re close. Break both of their shields, then focus all of your firepower on one Colossus. If you can’t kill one of the Champions in one stun, retreat and hold a sightline on the weak Champion. When it pops its shield, break it and kill the Champion as fast as you can. Break the second Champion’s shield, then finish it off. You’re now free to kill the remaining enemies.
A Detailed Guide: Boss Encounter
Boss Encounter Enemies
- Three Unstoppable Incendior
- Colossus Boss
The Cabal dome at the end of the arena will dissipate at this point, revealing three Unstoppable Incendiors and the final boss. These Unstoppable enemies tend to stick together, but you can split them up by damaging one of them and running away. The enemy you hit will follow you for a few seconds, allowing you to kite them back to the bridge or the cave. Lure them to a safe spot before damaging them. Repeat this process for all three Champions.
Defeating the Colossus boss is somewhat tricky, as its rocket barrage attack leaves you vulnerable. It’s best to attack him from cover, waiting for the rocket attack. When the rockets launch, stick to cover to avoid them. You can then retaliate by breaking its Arc shield. Use your Super, Heavy, or any high-damage weapon to eliminate the boss. Grab the Lost Sector chest when the boss is dead to finish the run.
Source: Read Full Article