Dauntless continues to grow in popularity on PS4 and Xbox One, with a new update being released today.
Developers Phoenix Labs has revealed that they are planning to launch the new build at around 6pm in the UK, or 10am PST if you live in the United States.
And the big news is that patch OB 0.9.2 brings the start of the Zephyr Strike Hunt Pass, but there’s also a lot more things included.
The new Dauntless update will also introduce new weapon mods and specials and paves the way for loadouts in an upcoming release.
According to the development team, having had to tweak their Dauntless Hunt Pass release schedule, the new Zephyr Strike is launching today.
This pass goes neon with cadet-inspired armour, weapons, and aether-shaping emotes and more.
Neon hair tints are also included, as is the first-ever Faction Fight, and fifty new levels of Hunt Pass prizes.
The Patrol Chest system is also being improved, with a new breed of Trials fauna: styxians being added to the game.
As many fans will already know, a Patrol Chest contains a stash of bonus loot, and if you have a chest available and you complete a patrol, you can open the chest to get bonus rewards.
“When we first introduced Patrol Chests to Dauntless, it was with the hopes that they would be a nice reward for Slayers who played regularly – a bit of bonus loot to help you level up your gear. Instead, they became a point of confusion,” a message from Phoenix Labs explains.
“The loot you get from your Patrol Chest depends on the type of patrol you choose. If you go on an Orb Patrol, you’ll earn bonus orbs. If you go on a Dire Patrol, you’ll earn bonus arcstones. And if you go on a Heroic Patrol, you’ll earn … better bonus arcstones.
“Want to check the rewards for a specific patrol? Open your map, select the patrol you’re curious about, and look for the Daily Patrol Bonus Rewards section.
“What you see there is exactly what you’ll get if you successfully complete that hunt.”
The good news is that under the revamped system, Slayers will get two free Patrol Chests per day, and can hold up to six free chests at a time, even if you haven’t logged in that day.
Other changes can be found in the early patch notes shared today by Phoenix Labs and listed below:
Faction Fight: This new community event pits two Zephyr Squads against one another – and you’re invited to join. Pick a side in the in-game store (look for the Faction Fight tab) and start earning points for your favourite faction. We’ll make the winning side’s lantern free in the store! Click here for all the details.
Zephyr Strike. The second Hunt Pass of the High Skies season begins with 0.9.2! This pass goes neon with cadet-inspired armour, weapons, and aether-shaping emotes. Look for an update on the Hunt Pass page soon!
Styxians. The newest species of aggressive fauna comes equipped with sharp teeth, powerful legs, and the ability to pin Slayers in place. Keep an eye out for them in the upcoming Trials and make sure you fight them off before they knock you down.
New sword special. Parry incoming Behemoth attacks with Avenging Overdrive, a new special move for the sword. Check it out at The Lucky Break after completing this weeks Trial.
New Trials rewards. Lady Luck has updated her inventory and added new weapon mods and cells. Stop by her stall to see what’s in store.
Chain blades specials. We’ve overhauled Reaper’s Dance, making it so Slayers who are brave enough to flip out now have the option to attack from the air. We’ve also added a second alternate special to Lady Luck’s shop. Check out Insatiable Dance next time you have Marks to spend.
- Added a new icon above the mirror in Ramsgate Plaza to make it more clear that it’s an interactive object (it’s a shortcut to modify your Slayer Appearance!).
- Improved performance in situations where the HUD is visible.
- Improved overall performance in Ramsgate.
- Fixed a bug where banners could remain on screen when navigating from a banner preview to an emote preview.
- Fixed a bug where the FOV slider wasn’t working. Players can now adjust their FOV from 35 to 120 degrees.
- Fixed a couple of UI elements that had the wrong name.
- Players’ legs and glutes will not longer clip through the Volcanic Treads leg armour.
- Sound effects should now be slightly clearer when previewing items on the Personality, Loadout, and Store screens.
- Players on lower graphics settings will no longer see banners without proper cloth physics.
- Fixed a bug that caused Shrowd shadow clone kills to count toward objectives that required actualShrowd (Behemoth) kills.
- Fixed a bug where teleporting with the Koshai lantern’s held ability would mistarget if it was used while dodging with repeaters drawn.
- Pending group invites will now trigger a “!” indicator on the Social HUD.
- Fixed an issue where the screen would fade to black multiple times during the arrival cinematic on Burning Rose (island).
- Fixed an issue that could cause the framerate to lock during hunts on Burning Rose (island).
- Fixed an issue where throwing your axe off a cliff would cause it to fall the ground upon return, triggering the failsafe catch.
- Fixed an issue where, under high latency, the axe return from cliff throws could put the axe under the world.
- Koshai will no longer destroy its own vines, bringing its mechanics in line with other Behemoth and Behemoth-created object interactions.
- Nayzaga’s Scythe (axe) now heals its wielder on all perfectly charged attacks from the secondary combo.
- Fixed an issue where camera centering on Shrike and Embermane could stop working after they fled.
- Slayers will no longer play the sheathe animation if they emote after throwing the axe.
- Fixed an issue where cores would not display after the previous one had dissolved (on the core breaker screen).
- Reduced the amount of install space Dauntless takes up on hard drives. Roomy.
- Players should no longer see the camera pop after dodging with repeaters equipped.
- Slayers will now see a visual indicator when prestiging a Mastery card.
- Slayers will now see a notification when they buy platinum or platinum-included bundles. It will display both the item name and quantity of platinum acquired, and will populate after exiting the store screen.
- The Draskscale Helmet (helm) should now sit correctly on all characters’ heads.
- Scorchstone Hellion’s lavaballs that spew from its volcanoes will now no longer collide and explode under the world.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “cores available” marker to remain on-screen if a player quickly backed out of the core breaker UI (with no cores remaining).
- Critical hits should now correctly display on creatures and objects.
- Fixed a bug where damage text would not animate correctly on certain objects
- Fixed a second bug where damage text would show up more than once on a swing.
- Fixed a third bug where, in some cases, damage text would not show the correct damage numbers.
- Reduced the Normal-difficulty Trials threat level to 18 (from 19) and reduced Behemoth power from to 600 (from 625).
- Increased collision volume size on Charrogg’s lobbed fireballs so that they’re more true to the visuals.
- Improved audio for the Blinded debuff.
- Fixed a bug where a player could get into a temporary (3-second) bad state when using the Koshai Lantern during a trajectory warp.
- Fixed a black screen during the arrival sequence on Iron Falls (island).
- Fixed a bug where the currency counts in the top right of the Lucky Break (Lady Luck’s store) wouldn’t update until the store was closed and re-opened.
- Dimmed the brightness of unachieved rewards in the Trials End of Hunt screen (loss).
- Fixed a bug where some hammer clips weren’t visible in menus where the character was visible.
- Fixed upward scrolling in the quest log. It should no longer jump to Hunt Pass challenges.
- Fixed a bug where Hunt Pass levels might not update immediately after purchasing level skips.
- Fixed a bug where banners weren’t consistently showing up in Hunt Pass screens. (Note: The camera may still be zoomed in too far to see the entire banner standard, we are aware of this and working on it!)
- Fixed a bug where some dye regions on the Ironclad Helm could not be dyed.
Source: Read Full Article