Remember way back in 2014 when people discovered a loot cave in the original Destiny? It was this magical place where you could take advantage of the game’s systems to quickly acquire a surplus of rare loot. Well, Borderlands 3 kind of has one of those of its own, allowing players to rapidly farm legendary weapons and items. Here’s how it works; you can also see it in action in the gameplay video above.
In this case, players discovered a way to exploit the level design for one of Borderlands 3’s areas to get an enemy to respawn over and over again to increase the drop rate for random legendary weapons. The farming method was first discovered by Reddit user Nordor222.
Click To Unmute Borderlands 3: Which Character Is Right For You?
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Cross-Play Beta Start Date And Modes – GS News Update
- New Destiny 2 Five-Year Plan Includes Big Nightfall Changes – GS News Update
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta – Realism Mode Gameplay
- Top New Game Releases On Switch, PS4, Xbox One, And PC This Week — September 15-21, 2019
- Borderlands 3 – Easy Legendary Loot Farming Guide
- The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening – Nintendo Switch Story Trailer
- The Outer Worlds Gameplay – Solving Crimes In Stellar Bay
- Crypto Appears In Apex Legends – GS News Update
- Bloodstained, Jump Force, & More Coming To Xbox Game Pass – GS News Update
- Anthem Is Changing How It Releases Future Content – GS News Update
- Fortnite Adds Party Hub & Fixes The Storm Circle – GS News Update
- THE OMEN Esports Report LIVE
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos. This video has an invalid file format. 00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
First off, to fully take advantage of this exploit, you’ll need to beat Borderlands 3’s campaign and unlock its endgame content. In the endgame, you unlock Mayhem Mode, which allows you to crank the difficulty of Borderlands 3 in a variety of ways. Mayhem Mode also increases your chances of getting a legendary loot drop though, so push it up to Mayhem Level 3 at the Sanctuary III console.
Once that’s done, fly to Eden-6 and fast travel to the Jakob’s Estate. Head to the location that’s marked on the image below. You’ll know you’re in the right place when you see a group of bandits. Among them should be a purple-tinged loot tink. He’ll have a pretty hefty shield–one amplified by Mayhem Mode–so bring out your strongest shock weapon to take the tink down. Maybe grab an incendiary weapon too, both to deal with the tink once its shield is gone as well as the group of bandits that spawn in to protect him.
This tink already gives you pretty good loot, but with the bonuses provided by Mayhem Level 3, he’ll spit out a few purple and yellow items as you take him down. If you defeat him, you can open his backpack, which will typically spew out a few pieces of legendary loot and some phenomenal very rare items. Once you’ve grabbed all you can carry, warp back to the Jakob’s Estate fast travel point, quit to the main menu, reload the game, and head back to the tink’s spawn location. He’ll be back and carrying a brand-new set of legendary items for you to loot. Just repeat the process for as many times as you please.
Keep in mind, Gearbox may already know about this exploit and they could be working on a fix for it right now. When players discovered the loot cave in the original Destiny, Bungie shut that down in days. Given how this exploit essentially removes the need to do any of Borderlands 3’s endgame content, we imagine Gearbox will want to remove it at some point before the raid boss is added. So act now if you want to take advantage. Just think, what you see below could be yours.
Borderlands 3 News
- Borderlands 3 Starter Guide: 17 Spoiler-Free Tips You Should Know Before Jumping In
- Borderlands 3 Shift Codes: All Active Shift Codes And How To Redeem Them
- Borderlands 3 Review, Release Date, Preload, Unlock Times, PC Specs, And More
- Borderlands 3 Golden Chest Guide: How To Get Golden Keys And Shift Codes
Source: Read Full Article