North American esports organization Dignitas has created a new platform called “_FE,” which is dedicated to creating more opportunities and education for women and girls in gaming. Through this new initiative, Dignitas is committing its support for the burgeoning female gamer community, focusing on educational, social, and competitive resources for all levels of female competitors and content creators. Dignitas has a history of promoting women’s esports as it signed and promoted its two-time female world champion Counter-Strike: Global Offensive team, which also competes professionally in VALORANT.
“A core tenet of the Dignitas brand is to support all protected classes, and _FE is our response to the endemic toxicity that females in gaming have always faced, but has become more topical than ever in 2020,” a spokesperson told The Esports Observer. “The time for action is now. This initiative marks the expansion of Dignitas’ efforts beyond the females currently signed to our organization, to reach and support all female gamers regardless of where they sit in the ecosystem, and to provide them with the tools to succeed in reaching their goals.”
Over the course of the next three months, _FE will launch numerous initiatives geared towards women and girls that are designed to advance their opportunities.
The _FE’s platform will include initiatives such as:
- Industry town halls addressing significant matters affecting women in gaming.
- A community website devoted to housing relevant female gaming content, including calendars of gaming competitions, resources, announcements, and media coverage.
- Complimentary virtual educational seminars for aspiring professional female gamers and streamers in content creation, social media and media training, brand analysis, and more.
- Female and co-ed competitions.
- Online social community via Discord.
- Creation of a female-focused gaming-centric clothing line.
- Live Events at Dignitas’ headquarters in Los Angeles and Greater New York City.
- The signing of new female competitors and creators.
Heather “sapphiRe” Garozzo, Dignitas’ vice president of talent, will lead the initiative. Garozzo is a former World Champion CS:GO player with 20 years of experience in competitive esports gaming, broadcasting, marketing, and talent management.
“As a veteran in the esports space, I’ve been fortunate to witness the incredible increase of females in competitions, in management and as fans in an arena,” Garozzo told TEO. “However, there’s still a lot that needs to be done to normalize the presence of females in gaming. Alongside our veteran players like EMUHLEET, we’re eager to build a platform that’s dedicated to sharing what we’ve learned over two decades with the countless aspiring female gamers hoping to make their place in this thriving industry!”
The first _FE virtual event will be a live, digital panel on Sept. 30, 2020, featuring female executives, athletes, and creators from the gaming and entertainment spaces.
Additionally, the _FE initiative looks to present an opportunity for brands to “authentically partner” with the organization in order to further this initiative.
Source: Read Full Article