ESL One Thailand Asia division is slated to start tomorrow, August 20, with 12 teams fighting for a share of the $135,000 and the chance for one of the players to receive the much wanted MVP prize, a Mercedes Benz.
The Asia division features teams from both Southeast Asia and China, however, with the Chinese region going through a rather big shuffle period, none of the big competitors signed up for the battle.
Royal Never Give Up were the most experienced Chinese team to have accepted a direct invite to the event, but a day before the first matches, they decided to forfeit their spot. The organization hasn’t released any official note on their decision, the news coming via the tournament organizers, who decided to suspend the closed regional finals and give RNG’s spot to the Chinese squad Team Trust, while their adversaries for the qualifiers finals, Team Adroit will atomically advance into the tournament group stage.
ESL One Thailand also gives a unique chance to two local Thai teams to make a mark and will have the ESL Thailand Championship winners and runners up also joining the event.
The final 12 teams attending ESL One Thailand Asia division are:
- Geek Fam (direct invite)
- Fnatic (direct invite)
- TNC Predator (direct invite)
- BOOM Esports (direct invite)
- T1 (direct invite)
- Team Trust (direct invite)
- Sparking Arrow Gaming (direct invite)
- Aster.Aries (direct invite)
- Motivade.Trust Gaming (ESL Thailand Championship winners)
- Hashtag?.DOTA (ESL Thailand Championship runners up)
- Neon Esports (closed qualifiers finalists)
- Team Adroit (closed qualifiers finalists)
Source: Read Full Article